Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) is patting itself on the back once again. A new report suggests that its Apple Pay is now the fifth most popular online payment platform. This comes one month after the tech titan released the payment service on the web for website checkouts. Can Apple ever stop succeeding? A little more than a month ago, the iPhone maker launched Apple Pay on the web. This was meant to allow the payments service to be used on website checkouts through its Safari web browser. It seems this move has paid off big time for the tech juggernaut.
A new report by SimilarTech suggests that Apple Pay is now in the top five of online payment technologies. The data show that Apple Pay is already the fifth most popular payment platform used by the top 10,000 websites. Also, it ranks No. 5 among the top 100,000 websites as well.
Apple Pay is now reportedly available on 0.25 percent of websites.
PayPal topped the list with 2.36 percent of the top websites. Its subscribe button was in second place with 0.98 percent. Landing in No. 3 was Stripe with 0.35 percent and Braintree grabbed the No. 4 spot with 0.32 percent.
The research also shows that Apple Pay is ahead of Google Wallet, Amazon Payments and more than 50 other online payment platforms.
Here is the chart:
Considering the growth of Apple Pay in such a short period of time, it’s likely that it will garner third place in a matter of months.
Daniel Buchuk, SimilarTech’s marketing director, said in the news release that Apple Pay’s “meteroic rise” is astounding. The reason for this is because it is difficult to get websites to utilize certain payment platforms after years of using other technologies, particularly PayPal.
Apple Inc. Offering Discounts
Are you ready for the holiday season? If you haven’t been able to tell from the endless radio, TV and online ads, the retailers certainly are. And Apple is also prepared for Christmas shopping.
In fact, the firm launched a new web page that shares exclusive holiday offers for customers who use Apple Pay on the web. You can receive anything from free shipping to discounts to free gift cards.
Some of the participating companies include Lululemon, Shopify, Overstock, the New York Times, Adidas and 1-800-Flowers. More brands are expected over the next couple of weeks, such as Under Armor, the Washington Post and Abercrombie & Fitch.
Here is the full list of offers:
- 1-800 Flowers: free shipping
- Adidas: Enjoy one- or two-day free shipping from Adidas.
- Casper: Buy a mattress and receive a $50 iTunes gift card
- Grub hub: Win a $50 gift card. New diners get $10 off next order
- instacart: one month of free delivery for first-time customers
- JackThreads: 20% off holiday looks
- Jet: 10% off first three orders and $5 JetCash
- Lululemon: $25 gift card for purchase over $150
- The New York Times” 50% off one-year subscription
- Overstock: free year of Club O Rewards Membership, $19 value
- Seamless: Win a $50 gift card. New diners get $10 off next order
- Shopify: Select deals from Shopify stores
- Spring: 20% off
- Vacatia: 7% off resort bookings
Enjoy your Christmas shopping!