Apple Inc. is celebrating the 10th anniversary of the iPhone this year. Launched in 2007, the iPhone is an amazing smartphone that comes with hundreds of amazing features. In this post, we will talk about five cool iPhone tips and tricks that you probably did not know about.
#1 Take Photos While Recording Videos
You can take photos while shooting videos in you iPhone.
It is pretty simple.
While filming a magical moment, you will see the camera button on the screen. Just press the camera button to take photos.
#2 Increase Battery Life
Here is the first iPhone tip. Using the following settings, you could save the battery life of your iPhone.
- Settings > Wi-Fi > Off
- Settings > Bluetooth > Off
- Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Off
- Settings > General > Cellular > Enable 3G > Off
- Settings > General > Cellular > Enable LTE > Off
- Settings > Sounds > Vibrate on Ring & Silent > Off
- Settings > Brightness & Wallpaper > Auto-Brightness > Off
- Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data > Off
#3 Hide Stock Apps Icons
The iPhone comes with ‘Stock Apple Apps’ such as Compass, Voice Memos, Stocks, Videos, Newsstand or Game Center. Many users do not need these app, but it is impossible to delete them without jailbreaking.
However, there is a simple way to hide the unnecessary app. Open Safari web browser and visit RAG3HACK. Go to ‘Hide Apps no Jailbreak’ and you will be directed to a page where you will see all the icons that you can hide.
#4 Create Custom iMessage Replies for Calls
By default, there are three pre-written messages (“Sorry, I can’t talk right now”, “I’m on my way” and “Can I call you later?”) for calls you do not want to answer.
The iOS lets you customize those pre-written messages, but can’t have more than three.
Here is how to edit the pre-written messages: Settings > Phone > Respond With Text.
#5 Use Shortcuts to Type Emojis
Here is a trick to use Emoji in messaging without switching the keyboard.
- Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard > Emoji
- Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Add New Shortcut
- Insert a frequently used Emoji in Phrase
- Insert a text in Shortcut which will be used to convert to Emoji
Apple iPhone 8
Meanwhile, Apple is expected to launch a gorgeous iPhone this year to mark the 10th anniversary. The new iPhone, possibly dubbed the iPhone 8, is rumored to feature bezel-less screen OLED screen, wireless charging, and dual-lens 3D camera, among others.
Source: Hongkiat, Macworld