Are you considering using Mingle, the online paid survey platform, to earn some extra income?
Joining and participating in the Mingle survey platform can be a great way to make money online. It is the online department of Respondi AG, a company with a reputable and successful history in the market research sector.
Mingle boasts over 300,000 active members and the number is ever increasing. The Mingle website was previously known as the Respondi Panel and was made available to the public in 2005. The platform has a specific focus on ensuring that the market research it provides is ethical and adheres to the best practice.
Read on to learn more about Mingle, its pros and cons as well as how the platform works.
On this Page:
What is Mingle?
Mingle is a paid survey platform that prides itself as ‘The Opinion Platform for Europe’ and the online department of Respondi AG, a well-known establishment in the market research sector. The platform has approximately 300,000 active members across Europe and is regulated by strict professional guidelines as required by ESOMAR, an organization for encouraging, improving and growing market research globally.
As a market research brand, its operations are subject to strict regulations so that it can protect its users’ details.
What are the pros and cons of using Mingle?
- Different ways to earn points
- Numerous ways to redeem points
- A low threshold to get paid
- Average customer support
- Low number of surveys and questionnaires
How does Mingle work?
Becoming a Mingle member is free, just like the case with other legitimate paid survey platforms.
By becoming a member of the platform, you can take part in market research surveys and questionnaires. These surveys and questionnaires will be done online via your computer or mobile device. You will also be tasked with online discussions in a closed community and sometimes you may be asked to test free products from your home. Taking part in these projects is entirely voluntary and you’ll also receive some rewards in terms of cash or gift cards for your efforts and time. To be eligible for a Mingle Respondi account, you need to be 16 years and above and living in the UK or Europe. You will also be required to have an international banking code for payment options.
All the results that Mingle collects from the surveys, questionnaires and other market research projects are sent to external clients. The clients then use this information to answer pressing and current issues related to their products or services so your opinions will have an impact.
By signing up to the site, you’ll be entered into a draw when you can win a brand new Kindle Fire tablet. Next, you’ll log in to your member’s area where you will be asked to complete a short evaluation survey where you will need to provide details about yourself. Once you complete this survey, you will earn 100 Minge points to get you started. From your dashboard, you can check how many points you’ve accumulated and redeem them once they get past the minimum payment threshold.
When a survey or any other research project which you are eligible for becomes available, Mingle will send you an invitation via email. The invitation will indicate how long the survey will take and how many points you will earn for completing it. You may not qualify for a particular survey at times, but in case you are screened out, Mingle will still reward you with 10 points. Once you complete the entire survey, points will be credited right into your account. Once you have gathered 1,500 to 2,000 points then you can redeem them for cash or gift vouchers.
How to get started with Mingle
Getting started with Mingle is quite simple and straightforward.
1. Set up your account.
First, you’ll need to register and create an account on the website.
The site is free to sign up. It’s also easy to use its mobile app as you’ll only be required to give your name and email address. No unnecessary personal information is needed to open the account.
2. Confirm the registration.
After filling your basic information, Mingle Respondi will send you an email with a link to confirm your account. Upon confirmation, you’ll be directed to fill your date of birth and location.
3. Answer the welcome survey.
Keep in mind that this is designed to help determine the type of surveys you will be given to complete, so ensure you keep your answers as accurate and honest as possible. You will earn 100 ($1) points after completing the survey. It’s good to note that the duration of the welcome survey may be longer depending on your answers.
4. Explore your dashboard.
After filling out the necessary information, you will have access to your Mingle Respondi dashboard. From the dashboard, you can access your accumulated points and links to your data. The board appears like a homepage where you can search for available surveys. The ‘Take a Survey’ button can be used to access any available survey.
5. Start taking surveys.
Now that you have access to the dashboard, you can start participating in surveys of your choice. You may not have to log in to your account to check for any available surveys as Mingle will be sending you emails in case a survey becomes available. Be sure to take your time when it comes to taking surveys. If Mingle Respondi notices any inconsistency in your answers then your account can be suspended.
6. Redeem your points.
You’ll need at least 1,500 to 2,000 Mingle Points, which translates to $12 and $16 respectively, to cash out. You can trade your points for a gift card or have a direct deposit to your UK bank account. Note that for you to perform a cash-out to your bank account, you need at least 2,000 points or $16. While it might take a few days to receive your rewards, you should receive direct deposits within a few minutes.
7. Participate in polls.
Sometimes, you’ll find that Mingle Respondi will reward you with points as well by posting on their blog and participating in polls upon the completion of some surveys.
Types of surveys on Mingle
On average, Mingle will reward you with around 50 points for each survey you participate in. The surveys will take you between 5 to 20 minutes to complete. However, you might earn more points if you take part in longer surveys.
Mingle Respondi will send you invites to surveys via email, and it always offers you surveys that are suitable and interesting to you. The platform does this by evaluating your profile based on the questions you give during the welcome survey you take during signing up. Mingle will still reward you with 10 points in case you are screened out of a survey.
The types of surveys on Mingle include the following:
- Market and product questionnaires – These surveys or questionnaires are designed to help Mingle’s clients understand their customers, their wants and needs.
- Human resource and employee surveys – These help a client determine his or her employee workplace engagement and satisfaction.
- Events and conference surveys – An event and conference survey is used to express how well a certain event or conference was received by its audience.
- Net promoter score questionnaires and surveys – The purpose of these surveys is to find out how likely you as a customer or client is to refer a certain business to a friend.
- Customer satisfaction questionnaires – Such surveys are aimed at gauging how a company’s clients and customers feel about a particular service, product or business activity.
Other ways to earn points on Mingle include:
- Product testing – Sometimes, Mingle Respondi will have products that require hands-on testing. In such a case, the platform will send you the product to test it and you’ll be allowed to keep it. This is particularly common with a lot of the members as the products tend to be worth a lot of money. When these products are sent for review, Mingle Respondi will make sure that you’re in the right target niche. This means that you will get a product that you need, such as something for your family or household. You then have the opportunity to share your opinion and offer critical feedback that can help brands improve the product. You will then earn points and they will be credited to your account.
- Short questionnaires – When you become a member of the Mingle paid survey platform, you will get occasional questionnaire invites that you can take part in using the Mingle application. The app is available on both Android and iOS devices. You will earn bonus points just for taking part in these questionnaires.
- Refer friends – Mingle Resondi also allows you to invite your friends. You can win an iPad for you and your friends if you refer at least three new panel members to the platform.
- Prize draws – Not all surveys on Mingle will reward you with points. Some surveys and questionnaires will enter you in a prize draw in return for giving your opinion on products or services.
In some months, you will get a handful of varying invitations to earn some rewards, but in other months you won’t receive so many invitations. This simply depends on the kind of market research Mingle Respondi requires from its users.
Earning and rewards on Mingle
Once you accumulate at least 1,000 points on Mingle, you can choose to redeem them for prizes. 1000 points on Mingle translates to £8.
Below is a list of the different options you can use to redeem your points.
- Gift vouchers – Once you’ve accumulated 1,500 to 2,000 Mingle points, you can redeem them for gift vouchers. You can opt for either M&S, Zalando, Amazon, New Look or Debenhams gift vouchers if you have at least 1,500 points.
- Cash deposit – Mingle also allows its members to redeem their points and have the money deposited into their UK bank accounts. If you opt for a cash deposit, you must have at least 2,000 points and the money will be sent directly to your bank account. 2,000 Mingle points are equivalent to £16 and that’s the amount you will receive in your account.
- Charity donations – If your main aim of taking the surveys and questionnaires on the Mingle platforms is to make a difference in the market, then you can as well make a difference in the society by donating your rewards to a charity of your choice. Mingle gives you the chance to donate to a couple of international charities including the World Wildlife Fund and Amnesty International.
Keep in mind that once you have accumulated 2,000 points in your Mingle account, you must redeem them within three months or else they will expire.
Mingle Respondi only supports UK bank accounts as its only payment method. If you don’t want to redeem your Mingle points and have them sent to your bank account, then you can opt to redeem them for gift vouchers or donate to charity. The platform doesn’t support any online payment method.
- Self-help FAQs – If you have some common problems with your account, Mingle Respondi has a dedicated FAQ section where you can find answers to some common problems. The FAQs are easy to navigate and you should be able to find the solution to your problems in a few seconds.
- Phone support – If you would wish to talk to a real agent, phone support is also available via the number provided on the website. It’s worth noting that Mingle Respondi is one of the survey websites that offer customer support via phone.
- Online help request – Finally, if you don’t feel like going through the FAQs or picking up your phone, you can choose to submit a support request from your account.
How does Mingle Respondi differ from other paid survey platforms?
Mingle Respondi differs from other platforms in several ways. First, the platform is easy to use, allowing you to make money on the couch, in between classes or anywhere else as long as you have a good internet connection.
The platform is also safe, making it one of the most reputable brands in the industry. It allows you to earn cash as well as rewards without disclosing much personal information, keeping everything private and secure. The platform does also not require your credit card details.
Mingle Respondi is also fast, unlike other paid survey platforms. You’ll earn points for every survey you participate in and complete. You can then turn your points into gift vouchers or cash and have it sent directly to your UK bank account. With the platform’s low minimum redemption level, you can be assured that you will be able to claim your rewards in no time.
It is with no doubt to say that Mingle Respondi offers a good opportunity to people who understand how paid survey sites work. The platform does not guarantee you a full-time job nor offer you an opportunity to quit your job, but you can use it to make some additional income.
At the same time, keep in mind that your opinions will be sent to Mingle Respondi clients for legitimate market research. In simpler terms, your opinions will be recognized and they definitely mean something. Mingle offers you an opportunity to make a difference, which is quite impressive. Your opinions or answers are applied in the world of business to shed light on current issues and improve products and services. They are always relevant and valued.
After going through this guide about Mingle Respondi, you should be able to establish whether it offers a good earning opportunity to you or not.
What do the surveys and questionnaires entail and do I need to meet any special criteria?
The topics of the surveys vary and participating in them doesn’t need any prior knowledge. What’s important is that you need to be interested in offering your opinion.
Does Mingle Respondi have a mobile application?
Yes. The app can be downloaded on both Android and iOS mobile devices. You can take part in any survey or questionnaire via the app without any hassle.
Is Mingle Respondi legitimate?
Yes. The platform is the online survey division of Respondi AG, a major consumer research company. The platform is legitimate because it is free to join, it constantly allows you to have a quick payout, and the platform is also backed up by credible organizations and associations.
How do I become a Mingle Respondi member?
Becoming a Mingle Respondi member is free. It doesn’t require you to provide much of your personal details but just your name and email address.
How old should I be to become a Mingle Respondi member?
Mingle Respondi requires that its members be 16 years or older and be from the UK or Europe.