Buying brands can be expensive. But before you write it off, try the ASOS discounts on your next shopping. You’ll be shocked to learn that most people whose fashion sense is through the roof make use of these discount codes. The codes are unique strings of numbers and letters offered to encourage you to make a purchase. The discount can apply to a single product or to your entire order depending on which you get.
Companies, in this case, ASOS, use these discounts as a marketing strategy to lure in customers. But how do they make these codes available? How and where can you get the codes? Do they expire? Do you have to pay for them? In this piece, we shall answer these questions and more.
Table of Contents
Asos Promo Codes 2020:
At ASOS, it feels like there is always a sale or a special offer running. However, while you cannot bank on special offer codes, new customers always get a 15% discount code (ASOSNEW15) to use on their first purchase. Additionally, students get a 10% discount on all their orders (ASOSNEW20).
If you want seasonal discount codes, it is best to check in-between seasons. For instance, you can get a 30% discount code off for winter shoes and clothing in early March. You can also get a free 2-day shipping after ordering $120 worth of products with this code (EXPRESSUSA120) In case there isn’t an official sales event, shop the Outlet page on the ASOS page and browse for recent markdowns.
What is ASOS, and why do they offer discount codes?
ASOS.com is an online fashion and cosmetic shop that ships worldwide. It sells clothing, shoes and accessories from more than 850 brands (including some of its private-label products). Some major brands that ASOS works with include Adidas, Nike, Hugo Boss, Calvin Klein, Juicy Couture and others. If you are looking for a cheap brand, this is not the place for you. But don’t worry, this is what the discount codes are for.
The discounts are on various brands and products throughout the year. They are a win-win for you and ASOS because the store generates higher revenue and you get quality brands at a lower price. But this is not the only reason why ASOS uses discount codes. Discounts work great with returning, and new customers and have a direct impact on your shopping experience.
According to research by the Center for Neuroeconomics Studies at Claremont Graduate University, getting a discount code is more enjoyable in comparison to getting gifts. According to the study, those who received discount codes had higher levels of oxytocin – a hormone that affects happiness.
Moreover, the discount codes are easier for ASOS to track and know which platform is generating the most traffic and which one has higher conversions.
How do I use an ASOS Promo Code?
- You click on the item you wish to purchase and then select the specifications of the product, including the colour and size.
- Then click on ‘Add to cart.’
- When you complete shopping, go to the cart and click Checkout
- You will get a prompt to sign in to your ASOS account, create a new account or check out as a guest
- Click the checkbox for ‘Promo/student code or vouchers under ‘Shipping country’ box
- Enter the code in the box available and then click apply
Why will my code not work?
You can only use a promo code once. This means that it is good for a single order. Also, you should note that you cannot use the code to purchase gift vouchers. This will be like getting double discounts.
If everything seems fine, but you are still having problems with the code, confirm that the code isn’t expired, not case sensitive or unavailable in your country.
If everything seems to be working just fine, contact ASOS directly for help with that specific code.
Delivery times and costs
The cost of delivery and how long it takes depends on the type of delivery you choose when shopping at ASOS. Below is a breakdown of what you should expect.
- Next Day Delivery – the orders should be made by midnight from Sunday to Friday and by 8 pm on Saturdays. This delivery costs £5.95
- UK standard delivery – you will receive your shopping within five days after placing the order. The service costs £3
- Evening next day delivery – your items are delivered between 6 pm and 10 pm. The service costs £7.95
- Premier delivery – this is an unlimited next day delivery for an entire year. The service costs £9.95
ASOS return policy
ASOS provides free returns for all orders made. However, you will need to print off the free return label on their website. You can return any product you purchase and get a refund within 28 days of getting the original order.
Which brands can I buy on ASOS using the discount codes?
The discount codes are not limited to any brand featured on the website. What determines the brand you can use the discount on is the season and the marketing strategy of the shop and brand. Below are some of the brands you will come across on the platform.
- Adidas Originals
- Mink Pink
- Free People
- Jack Wills
- New Balance
- River Island
- One Teaspoon
- North Face
- Vivienne Westwood
Tips and Tricks for shopping at ASOS
- Sign up for the premier delivery – if you are a frequent shopper at ASOS, you should consider paying £9.95 each year for the Premier Delivery. With this service, you will get a next day delivery without a minimum order value.
- Have you seen a celebrity outfit you like or admire/ you should check ASOS after six or eight weeks – yes, it takes ASOS only eight weeks to get trending pieces. This makes sense since its original name was AsSeenOnScreen.
- Tweet them – if you want to talk to an ASOS staff directly, you should tweet them at @ASOS_Heretohelp.
- Use ASOS stylists to your advantage – ASOS has several stylists n their payroll. The stylists feature hundreds of products ASOS has on sale at any time. It is more like having a stylish friend and a personal shopper.
- Don’t rely on their size labelling. Always check the measurements on every piece you want to purchase – for a big brand, ASOS seems to have inconsistent sizing. To always be on the safe side, check the measurements before you purchase.
- ASOS adds new products twice every day – in the evening and the morning. If you do not find what you want in the morning, check at night.
- Follow ASOS on Instagram – at times, ASOS uses Instagram to announce competitions and sales they are running. But aside from that, they post drop-dead gorgeous #styleinspo and some cute dog pics.
Pros and cons of shopping at ASOS
ASOS discount coupons are great and will help you save a lot of money. However, you need to be on the lookout for these vouchers or at least know which sites you can get them every month and season before they expire.
How can I reach ASOS?
You can contact ASOS through Facebook messenger, Twitter, Facebook and their online chat. Alternatively, you can create an account on their website and send them a message.
What modes of payment does ASOS accept?
ASOS accepts MasterCard, PayPal, Visa and American Express.
Does ASOS accept exchanges?
No, it doesn’t accept returns in the US.
Is ASOS legit?
Yes, ASOS is a reputable online shopping company that operates from the UK. Although it doesn’t have a BBB rating yet, it has some online customer reviews which act as its proof of authenticity.
Are the ASOS returns done free?
The returns should be made within 28 days of purchase. However, any return that comes after this time has lapsed will be refunded through store credit and not real money.
How much can I save with the ASOS discount coupons?
On average, customers save about £17 at ASOS. However, the money you save during your shopping is dependent on the discount coupons you have at hand. Some coupons have a higher discount percentage than others.
Can I get a gift voucher instead?
You know you cannot use a discount code and a gift card together. You can get a gift card from ASOS and give it to a relative or friend over the holiday or on their special occasion. The recipient will use the card to experience ASOS first hand and enjoy some price cuts.